Now that I have overloaded the blog with pictures, I figured I needed to post also.
Our trip to Rexburg was very fun. I am so glad that I decided to go even though I didn't get much sleep, but then again, when do you get sleep when visiting family. It was good to see Mckenzie and Melia...and I guess Kim and Treven;). Andrew had a blast getting to know Melia more and it was fun to watch them play and fight and made me think of Isaac and Jane.
I will say it was a fun summer visiting family, but it is nice to be home and have the boys back on a good sleep schedule. We are in the middle of getting Beck to sleep thru the night and so far so good and I will tell you (as long as I go to bed at a reasonable time) I am feeling much more well rested and am loving not having to get up multiple times during the night.
Beck is now scooting around and rolling all over the place. He moves pretty well and it is exciting to see him finally being able to reach things he was getting frustrated over before. He is definitely trying to keep up with Andrew and loves to play with him. He is sooo close to officially crawling, just not yet. We just now have to regulate Andrew from taking toys from Beck now that he can get to them on his own.
Some funny things Andrew has done lately:
I was chasing Andrew around the house like we do all the time but when I started getting tired, I laid down on my back to rest, but to also act like I was dead. Andrew came over and said "uh oh!" and he tried to pull on me to get me to play again. When I didn't move, he bent down and gave me a kiss. It was so funny I had to wake up and play with him some more. I don't know where he got that since the only disney princess movie we have is Little Mermaid and I don't remember that happening in it.
Beck has now become a toy for Andrew now that he knows he can roll him around. So everyonce in a while we will look over and Andrew is rolling Beck across the room and back, but Beck completely enjoys every minute of it.
It is fun to see the two boys interacting as much as they are. It will be fun to see as they continue to grow how good of friends they will be.
High school volleyball starts up this Friday and is over by the end of October. It should be fun, especially with the fact that I get paid :). This is just the beginning of my busy time and it will be nice to be busy again especially with volleyball. Club ball starts shortly after the hs season ends and I am looking forward to that also.
I am still in the midst of training for my half marathon. I had to run a 5K the other day because it was that week in the training, however I couldn't find any official ones to run so I ran my own personal 5K. I did it in 29:13 minutes and was pretty happy with that. Peter made sure to remind me before I headed out that I had to do it at a race pace and in doing that I got my personal best mile time of 9:00 minutes (according to my nike plus system). I still have about 10-11 weeks left before the race but I am so excited to be running (wow did I just say that?!?) and can't wait to do the race.
We are still trying to sell the house. We are lowering the asking price a little bit to see if it changes the amount of people coming out to see it. We aren't in a huge rush to get out of the house as it is working the way it is but it is always nice to have some more room to stretch out it. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
We are open to any visitors, whether they be long or short. We love you guys and are so glad to have family like we do.
Thanksgiving 2022
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment