CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Salemites

I guess it is about time that I sat down to blog. Life has been quite busy lately.
Here are a few things that have happened:

-At the beginning of this month, we moved into our new place. We are getting very close to being unpacked. So nice to get thru stuff and really figure out stuff we don't need.
-Ants have been a big issue at the house. They have been in almost every food cupboard in the kitchen, the pantry, and then they made their way upstairs thru the plumbing and into the hallway, kids' bathroom, and then our bathroom. We finally had enough and called the landlord who now has us set up on a quarterly visit schedule with an exterminator. It is so great to be taken care of like that.
-Peter and I ran the Santiam Scramble run. It was a bunch of craziness but it was such a awesome and fun time. It was five miles that included multiple straight up climbs, 6 creek crossings, and we spent the majority of the run not on trails, basically running thru branches and bushes. There was lots of snow and mud. Peter definitely feels like he has found a group he fits in with. I think we will be participating in these runs yearly now.
-Andrew is now signed up for kindergarten. Crazy to think that we are at that point but he is so excited.
-I met the other day with 5 other moms to talk about starting a preschool co-op for the kids that are Beck's age. We won't be officially starting until the fall but Beck keeps asking all the time about it. I am just excited at the fact we have so many young families in our ward to do this with.
-Camie is on the verge of officially walking. She will take steps here and there but then will realize she can do things faster by crawling. She is beginning to wave hi and bye and says "mama", "dada", "bye", and "night night". It is excited to know that she will be turning 1 next month. Speaking of which, local stinchfields/perrys: When are we doing the birthday celebrations for April? I was thinking the 23rd since we will be up that weekend for sure.
-I am continuing my marathon training. It is going well. I did 13.33 miles the week before last and felt so good. It was pouring rain the whole time but that made it so much better. I am busy trying to get the house settled and get things set up and make it feel like home. I have lots of plans for the decorating of the house but we gotta have the money to do it so I think it may have to wait until a little later.
-Peter is working hard at work and is busy with Portland Mormon Choir. They have their spring concert next month and he has been working hard at memorizing the songs.

We are looking forward to the many upcoming events of the summer and so excited to have everyone in the area in just a short while. We love you all and can't wait to see you guys soon.

-Anne

No comments: